Keep us a strong and independent voice for global justice: contribute today!
Scientology Class V Org Application, Declaration and Contract, 2009
From WikileaksJuly 13, 2009
This 4-page document presents an oppressive waiver prospective Scientology cult members must sign. The document is formally titled the "Application, Declaration and General Release Declaration of Religious Commitment and Application for Membership in a Scientology Religious Order and for Active Participation on Church Staff".
The document defines the terms Scientology members must to agree to. Being very detailed the contract reflects a world view that can only be described as paranoid and repressive, e.g. by specifying:
- 8. I am not related to or connected with any intelligence agency, either by past history or immediate familial connection.
- 9. I do NOT have a parent or a guardian who is an antagonist of the Scientology religion, or of any organization devoted to Scientology applied religious philosophy.
- 10. I am not seeking a staff position to obtain material for dissemination to the public via press, radio, television, motion picture or other media. I do not seek to obtain data for any other organization or to disrupt the Church organization
- 11. I do not have personal debts of a magnitude such that efforts to satisfy them would immediately disrupt or cause me to pull back from my commitment to the Church.
Working conditions are specified as:
- Z. HOLIDAYS: Two (2) service weeks per year after one year's continuous active service, for Class V org staff and
- three (3) weeks (...) for Sea Org Members.
- 1. SERVICE HOURS AND EXTRA SERVICE. The Day Organization serves weekdays, the Foundation serves evenings and weekends.
- Staff are expected to study in their off duty hours and to assist with additional duties.
- 3. SICK LEAVE: 2 days non-accumulative in every full calendar month, upon presentation of a doctor's certificate.
- 4. PENSION. The Church does not provide a pension or any other retirement program.
- 5. FURNISHING OF NECESSARIES. Church staff members serve pursuant to their personal religious commitment and conviction rather than for monetary gain or other traditional commercial or financial motives or incentives. Nevertheless, the Church will (...) furnish (...) a weekly nominal "pocket money" allowance, and, for certain staff positions, room and board.
The contract also reads:
- I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY THIS DECLARATION I AM DECLARING A RELIGIOUS COMMITMENT TO SPIRITUAL AWARENESS, TO THE SCIENTOLOGY
- RELIGION AND TO CREATE A BETTER WORLD, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS DECLARATION.
- I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT ALL CHURCH STAFF MEMBERS INCLUDING MYSELF,ARE MEMBERS OF A RELIGIOUS ORDER; THAT THEY SERVE PURSUANT
- TO THEIR RELIGIOUS OBLIGATIONS AND NOT IN CONTEMPLATION OF RECEIVING ANY COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER, AND IN DOING SO THAT THEY ARE
- FORSAKING ALL COMMERCIAL AND FINANCIAL MOTIVATION.
- EACH CONSIDERS HIMSELF/HERSELF VOLUNTEER TO CREATE A BETTER A WORLD, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE IS NOT AN EMPLOYEE, I.E. IS NOT
- ENTITLED TO RECEIVE SECULAR BENEFITS SUCH AS A MINIMUM WAGE OR OVERTIME COMPENSATION.
and concludes with releasing Scientology from any possible future demands:
- B. I HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE THE RELEASES from all actions, claims or demands I, my heirs, distributees, guardians,
- legal representatives or assigns ever had, now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from or any way connected
- with my membership in the Scientology Religious Order, active participation on Church staff or association with the Releasees. (...)
- I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE CHURCH AND/OR ITS
- AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS AND/OR OTHER INDIVIDUALS, AND I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY PLACING MY SIGNATURE AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT
- I SHALL BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
- DOWNLOAD/VIEW FULL FILE FROM