Keep us a strong and independent voice for global justice: contribute today!
CIA logbook of Congressional member torture briefings, 2009
This document lists the dates the CIA states it briefed selected members of Congress about the CIA's interrogation methods— including torture techniques such as waterboarding. The document was prepared by the CIA and appears to represent political payback to senior Democratic Party figures such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Marked For Official Use Only, it was sent to the Select Committee on Intelligence Oversight on May 5, 2009.
The chart lays behind the May 9, 2009 story in the New York Times titled List Says Top Democrats Were Briefed on Interrogations.
The chart covers some 40 Congressional briefings, right up to 2009.
- EIT - Enhanced Interrogation Techniques
- HPSCI - House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- SSCI- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- DCIA - Director, Central Intelligence Agency
- IG - Inspector General
- DOJ - Department of Justice
- NSC - National Security Council
- OLC - Office of Legal Council (Department of Justice)
- DOWNLOAD/VIEW FULL FILE FROM