WikiLeaks to release over half a million 9/11 intercepts.
From 3AM on Wednesday November 25, 2009, until 3AM the following day (US east coast time), WikiLeaks will release over half a million US national text pager intercepts. The intercepts cover a 24 hour period surrounding the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York and Washington.
To foster a deeper understanding, the messages will be released to the global community "live". That is, the first message, corresponding to 3AM September 11, 2001, five hours before the first attack, will be released at 3AM November 25, 2009 and the last, corresponding to 3AM September 12, 2001 at 3AM November 26, 2009.
Text pagers are mostly carried by persons operating in an official capacity. Messages in the archive range from Pentagon and New York Police Department exchanges, to computers reporting faults to their operators as the World Trade Center collapsed.
This is a significant and completely objective record of the defining moment of our time. We hope that its entry into the historical record will lead to a deeper and more nuanced understanding of how this tragedy and its aftermath may have been prevented.
While we are obligated by to protect our sources, it is clear that the information comes from an organization which has been intercepting and archiving US national telecommunications since prior to 9/11.
An index of messages released so far is available here.
Twitter users should refer to #911txts. We will give status updates at twitter.com/wikileaks.
Observations should be posted here.
- 8:36:03 AM
- IRAQ SAYS IT SHOOTS DOWN U.S. RECONNAISSANCE PLANE
- 8:51:31 AM
- [email protected]|Please call Pentagon Weather|UNCLASSIFIED Please call Pentagon Weather.......reference 1030 Meeting.....703-695-0406 ANDREW J. TERZAKIS, Lt Col, USAF D
- 8:53:44 AM
- "NYPD Ops Div" <|1 PCT WORLD TRADE CENTER|--- 1 PCT - WORLD TRADE CENTER - POSSIBLE EXPLOSION WORLD TRADE CENTER BUILDING. LEVEL 3 MOBILIZATION TO CHURCH AND VESSY.
- 9:24:48 AM
- DOLLAR TUMBLES VS EURO, YEN AFTER WTC EXPLOSION
- 9:24:59 AM
- NYC WTC'S: WMS TKT 191100495. SWITCHES SEEM TO BE OKAY . OVERLOADS IN SM 9 OF SOUTH TOWER FROM HIGH
- 9:31:51 AM
- N.Y.C. TKT#191100488 - WTC HAS BEEN HIT BY AN AIRPLANE AND A BOMB. CURRENTLY B6 IS BEING EVACUATED. NCC HAS RECEIVED MULTIPLE ALARMS OPTICAL / ENVIORNMENTAL. UPDATES WILL FOLLOW. RYAN P/L NCC 800-824-8049
- 9:32:52 AM
- FANNIE MAE DELAYS BENCHMARK BILL,CALLABLE NOTE ANNOUNCEMENT DUE TO WTC BLASTS
- 9:50:03 AM
- it's reported that a US military helicopter circled the building then crashed into or next to the Pentagon - it's not clear to whether it was the White House or the Pentagon - they are being evacuated
- 7:05:57 AM
- Please don't leave the building. One of the towers just collapsed! PLease, please be careful. Repeat,
- 11:00:30 AM
- BOMB SQUAD PLS REPORT TO EDIC..PER T913..OPS/JL
- 11:13:04 AM
- Lines to Washington & Saudi are blocked or jammed. Couldn't get thru. Jim at the FBI had no info - he suggested we watch Fox or CNN. Chris.
- 11:20:52 AM
- Eddie and Paul are okay. Paul is still trapped in his building which is next to the WTC.
- 11:29:13 AM
- pewells|I'm OK. I saw the whole thing. Was on the roof looking at the first fire when I saw the second plane plow into the second tower. Unbelievable, literally...I was inside when they collapsed. Still in my apt, nowhere to go...This is the end of the world as we know it...
- 11:39:47 AM
- jtamer|You are needed in the WAR room asap.
- 3:25:54 PM
- im not dealing with this shit today....i will call johnston in early......ford shut down there plants and im not answering why we are still working....fuck this. FROM: RYDER LITTLEJOHN (x18914) (3
- 5:20:30 PM
- Honey wanted to tell you how much i love you. I was alittle worried.I Don't want to lose you now that I got you back. You mean everything to me. You have my whole heart and life. Ilove you so much,
- 6:05:05 PM
- We are bombing Afganistan. Pene
- 6:58:58 PM
- 1) my nephew's ok, 2) there's a dead body at the main gate, 3) US denies responsibility for bombing in Afghanistan. Over and out.